✔ Good news! This product is available without VAT for individuals or charities entitled to exemption! - Learn more »
PAWS City 14″
£3,990.00 – £5,320.00
PAWS, short for Power Assisted Wheelchair Systems. PAWS is a great alternative to the car and is ideal for longer trips in the city and the countryside. It has the easiest and most universal docking system on the market and offers several practical features that make it easy and comfortable to use.
Please note all PAWS orders will need an individual assessment before purchase, this is to guarantee correct size, controls and clamps for you and your chair.
Power-Assisted Wheelchair Systems
Rehasense’s new range of PAWS fits to the front of almost every active wheelchair on the market that has a fixed front frame rather than swing-away leg rests. They incorporate built-in motors and lithium batteries, as well as intelligent controls.
All PAWS feature a 48V 11.6 Ah lithium battery that offers a range of 25 miles and can be easily removed to recharge in 5 hours. A lower capacity Flight Battery is available as an optional extra and is IATA compliant for air travel. Inclusive powerful multifunction headlamps ensure visibility and can be set to automatically activate in low-light conditions.
PAWS City 14″
The City is designed for everyday mobility in urban environments, primarily on paved surfaces, but it is a capable performer off-road too. The 14″ wheel option is great if you want to tackle rougher ground more regularly. With a 1-meter turning circle, it can be ridden inside as well, and doesn’t add too much to the length of your wheelchair. The City 14 features a 400 Watt motor that provides plenty of power, as well as a top speed of 18 mph.
Other manufacturers’ wheelchair clip-ons require bracketry or clamps to be bolted permanently onto your wheelchair’s frame, which adds unnecessary weight, as well as taking away from the looks of your wheelchair. The PAWS range has its clamping mechanism built-in, meaning no clamps or brackets are left on your wheelchair when not in use.
Simple clamping is available in two ways:
- Manual clamps – line up your wheelchair and push the long levers to clamp the PAWS on. Push forward on the handlebars to lift the front of your wheelchair off the ground, and you’re ready to go!
- Powered clamping and lifting – as the name suggests, just line up your wheelchair, press a button, and the clamps automatically affix to your wheelchair, and then raise you up ready to go. This upgrade is available on every PAWS and allows effortless loading.
Both methods are much easier to operate than traditional clamping mechanisms, but it is the automatic clamping and lifting that is the star attraction of the PAWS range – ideal for those with limited dexterity or upper body strength who struggle with manual attachments on other models. Even if that doesn’t apply to you, the powered clamps are still much easier to operate and thus well worth considering!
Two handlebar configurations are available on your PAWS – either Standard controls or Tetra controls. The Tetra controls are designed for people with limited hand strength or control and allow easy driving without exertion. Both handlebar variants can be adjusted between multiple positions to provide a comfortable fit for you.
Featured modes are forward, reverse, a “walk mode” that propels you at a steady 4 kmph, and cruise control that removes the need to constantly grip the throttle to maintain a steady speed. Traction mode can be enabled for stationary starts on slopes or slippery surfaces, while track assistance helps to keep you straight and sure.
The front disc brakes are controlled by handlebar-mounted twin brake levers – these can be operated by either one hand or both when heavy braking is required.
All the information you want about your PAWS’s performance is available at a glance on the colour display screen, which automatically adjusts its brightness based on ambient lighting conditions to ensure visibility. All electrical components have an IP54 waterproof rating so you can ride in wet conditions with full peace of mind.
- 400w motor
- 14″ tyre
- Does not need any frame alteration or additional add-ons to your wheelchair
- 48V11.2Ah lithium-ion battery delivers 556 watts
- IP54 waterproof rating and can withstand rain and moisture
- The range of adjustment in the clamping system allows a wide range of folding and rigid frame chairs to be fitted.
- Automatic clamping & lifting or Manual clamping & lifting
- Normal or Tetra handles
- Track assistance: self-centring steering
- A durable packing carton and inserts is provided to protect the PAWS from damage during transport.
- Tools: A full set of adjusting provided with each PAWS